Our next 3 day course is scheduled to run on 30, 31 Oct and 1 Nov 2020.
Overview: Our unique Wedding Flower Course runs over 3 consecutive days and has been developed to help you get started with the basic design skills to start your own wedding or other event flower arranging business in South Africa.
It goes without saying that we spend a lot of time on practical flower arranging skills (we supply all flowers, tools and materials needed). You will learn how to make guest table centerpieces, main table styling & flowers, bridal bouquets, shoulder corsages, wrist corsages, buttonholes, ceremony flower arrangements, etc. We start with the basics and work our way up from there giving you a firm foundation in floral design.
But we are not leaving out the theory. You’ll get professional presentations from a very live presenter who will keep you awake throughout each theory session. You will also receive printed notes each day.
Level: Beginners level (even if you have no experience at all, you’re welcome to join this course). Intermediate levels are also welcome to attend.
When is this course: 30 Oct, 31 Oct and 1 Nov 2020.
Over the 3 days we will cover the following:
- The fundamentals of starting a wedding flower business in South Africa.
- Overview on how to manage your wedding flower clients.
- The basic flower arranging principles and how to’s.
- How to care for your flowers all the way from collection through to setting up at the wedding / event.
- How to calculate your flower order.
- How to transport your flowers.
- General rules & etiquette in our flower industry.
- Tips on best suppliers to use in Gauteng.
- Practical wedding centerpieces & main table flowers & styling.
- Practical bridal party flowers: Bouquets, buttonholes and corsages.
- Practical: 1 x installation with more advanced mechanics.
- Bonus: Demonstration of one other flower arranging style.
- The in’s and out’s of hire items.
- How to charge for your services, travel, etc.
- How to go about doing your first wedding flower consultation.
- How to sign up a wedding flower client.
- Tips on how to market your business.
What is included:
- Printed course content.
- Professional class presentations.
- All fresh flowers & foliage stock.
- All supplies needed.
- Your basic start-up florist tools.
- Refreshments, lunch & snacks.*
- *If you have special dietary requirements please make arrangements with us in advance.
- Certificate: An attendance / successful completion certificate will be issued to attendees that attend and successfully complete the entire 3 day course.
If you would like more detail re above course content, please complete the form below.
Where does this course take place:
Absolute Soul Venue in Centurion, Gauteng.
Price: R 7999 per person
How to book: Complete the form below.